JMS Books LLC is a small press specializing in LGBT romance ranging from sweet to erotic. We have over 120 authors publishing with us and our YA imprint, Queerteen Press. We release 4 e-books a week and 6 print books a month. We are currently open to submissions, and are particularly interested in stories that fit our specific subs calls listed below.
All submissions must follow our guidelines, listed below. Visit here for general submission guidelines. We pay 50% net royalties on sales through all distribution channels. Our contracts are for an initial period of 2 years. A sample contract is available upon request.
We accept reprints and previously published content (including self-published stories) on a case-by-case basis. If your publisher has recently closed or returned your rights to you, feel free to submit your story to us! We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions.
*** GENERAL GUIDELINES:
* We only accept Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender fiction
* Menage stories are fine, but we prefer MMF, MFM, MMM, or FFF.
* Stories must be between 10,000 and 90,000 words
* Stories MUST contain a romance
* Stories may contain any level of erotic content
* Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, fantasy, paranormal, etc)
*** SPECIFIC SUBS CALLS (JMS BOOKS adult titles only):
* Summer love/vacation romance — Deadline May 31, 2014
* Single LGBT parents finding romance — Deadline July 31, 2014
* Halloween/paranormal — Deadline August 31, 2014
*Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah/winter holiday — Deadline October 31, 2014
* New Year’s — Deadline November 30, 2014
* Valentine’s Day — Deadline December 31, 2014
*** SPECIFIC SUBS CALLS (QUEERTEEN PRESS young adult titles only):
* Back to School — Deadline May 31, 2014
* Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah/winter holiday — Deadline August 31, 2014
* New Year’s — Deadline September 30, 2014
* Valentine’s Day — Deadline October 31, 2014
*** TO SUBMIT: Send the first 2,000 words and a full synopsis to email@example.com with “Submission” and the title of your story in the subject line. In your e-mail, mention which submissions call you’re responding to (if any). If you are just sending a general sub, indicate that, too. We will respond to your email in less than 2 business days. If we like the story and request the full manuscript, our turnaround time is less than 1 week.
*** Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the submissions or the company go to